This building is a row of pre-war townhouses which is located on the fringe of Padang Ipoh. It was initially used as legal offices and professional firms. One of them which is situated at number 7, was the residence-cum-office of Seenivasagam Brothers. Seenivasagam Brothers, who previously championed the rights of the common folk, founded the Perak Progressive Party (PPP) in 1953.
Historically, this building started living around 1960s before it was bought by Maxwell Canion. The internal structure of the building was preserved in order to keep its authentic architecture.– *