- December 20, 2018
Birch Memorial Clock Tower
Birch memorial tower which located beside The Mosque of Perak built in 1909 in memory of the first British President of Perak, J.W.W. Birch, who was assassinated in Pasir Salak in 1875 by followers of a local Malay chieftain, Dato’ Maharajalela.
This building was originally a block of commercial stores with impressive façade featuring elaborate classical pediments and Gothic elements. No. 128, Belfield Street or currently known as Jalan Sultan Yusof is where the office of
- June 30, 2019
Located in the Square in front of the Ipoh Railway Station, the cenotaph was erected in memory of “ the men from the state of Perak who fell in the Great War 1914 – 1918 and to those died in 1939 – 1945 War”
- June 20, 2019
Ipoh Heritage Buildings
Top Pick of the Day
- St. Michael Institution was one of the oldest school in Perak. It was an educational institution managed by a management board called Board of Gourmenents. This board were responsible of managing the welfare of the school.
- Paloh Khoo Miu Temple also known as Ipoh Chinese Tai Pak Koong Temple which means the Old Paloh Chinese Temple. It is said to be the oldest Chinese temple in Ipoh by the locals was the first temple that exists even before Ipoh got its name in Perak.
- Masjid Panglima Kinta was believed as the first mosque built in Ipoh. It was built on 45,000 square foot land and the mosque was built at 8,288 square foot. Located on the east bank of the Kinta river right after Hugh Low Bridge,
- Completed in 1921, the jawi inscription on the marble foundation stones read “Build during the reign of DYMMM Paduka Seri Sultan Idris Mursyidul Al-Azam Shah by Orang Kaya-kaya Dato Seri Adika Diraja Wan Muhammad Saleh I.S.O. and his wife, Toh Puan Hajjah Sharifah Rodiah and Encik Mahmud bin Mohd Taib and Haji Muhammad Kassim bin Banjar Jagra.
- Indian Muslim Mosque is located next to St. Micheal's Institution at Jalan S.P Seenivasagam (formerly known as Clayton Road). The foundation stone of the mosque began back around 1897. It was completed in 1908 by a wealthy Indian Muslim named Shaik Adam who was a famous merchant in Ipoh at that time.
Reverend J.P.Parry was the one who saw the erection of this Anglican Church building. It was opened in 1912 with the knave measurement, 72ft long. During the Japanese occupation, the church was regarded as enemy property and was converted into a noodle factory for some months
- June 5, 2019
This building is a row of pre-war townhouses which is located on the fringe of Padang Ipoh. It was initially used as legal offices and professional firms. One of them which is situated at number 7,
- March 15, 2019
Hongkong and Shanghai banking corporation build their first office in Malaysia in 1884 in Penang. Their second branch was built in Ipoh on 1990 followed by their third branch in Malacca.
- January 20, 2019
Ipoh Royal Club building was built in strategic located which was on top of a medium-high hill facing beautiful panoramas like Titiwangsa Ranges, Ipoh Padang and historical buildings in Old Town of Ipoh.
- January 12, 2019
Founded in 1906 by a Hainanese immigrant, Cheam Tin Suan that had talent in cooking English meals. The restaurant located opposite of Ipoh Padang and athletes dropped at the bar as resting place and for unofficial activities clubs.
- January 10, 2019